Our initiative is dedicated to a unique person, Denis McClair (1762-1853), who was the first in Ireland to introduce the concept of modern landscape design and designed more than 50 parks on the territory of today’s Ukraine (in Volhynia and Podil). McClair is buried in Dubno. The goal of the project is to promote McClair in Ukraine and in his historical homeland, Ireland.
A Ukrainian-Irish working group was created, which includes:
- National Botanic Garden of Ireland (Dublin);
- Association of Irish landscape designers (GLDA, Dublin);
- Westmeath County Administration (where McClair is from);
- Kremenets Botanical Garden (McClair was the director of it);
- Other creative economy organizations in Ireland and Ukraine.
The goal of the project is to create an interactive platform for landscape designers, representatives of culture and creative industry, and anyone interested in the development of Ukrainian-Irish cultural relations.